Consultation Guide for Foreign Patients（English）
To Foreign people who have Japanese health insurance
Please refer to the Guide for Outpatients
To Foreign visitors
- If you come to the hospital without advance notice, we might not be able to provide medical consultation.
- Reception hours and counter
Hours Counter First Visit Weekdays (Mon.–Fri.)
Reception for new patients Emergency only Weekdays (Mon.–Fri.)
17:00–9:00 on the following day
9:00–9:00 on the following day
Reception at the Emergency and Critical Care Center
- Required documents: Original proof of ID (passport) * Please note that a copy is not accepted.
- In the case that you come to Japan for the purpose of medical examination and/or treatment, we need to make a decision whether we can deal with your case and it is beneficial for you, considering the information of the treatment which you have received and the results of your medical examination. First, please inquire by email with your medical information (must be translated into Japanese). We will then reply to you to confirm if we can arrange a medical consultation for you. In the case that we make a decision to arrange a medical consultation for you, you will be informed of details such as how to visit here.
- We will not arrange for you to obtain a visa for medical stay.
- We cannot provide an estimation of medical treatment before medical consultation, as a treatment plan cannot be determined without seeing the patient.
- If you have difficulty in communicating in Japanese, please arrange a medical interpreter.
- Medical interpreters can be arranged through this hospital. (weekdays 9:00–17:00 advanced booking required)
Note: Even if you have an interpreter or person accompanying you who understands Japanese and your language, we may use a different medical interpreter in order to prevent misinterpreting due to a lack of medical knowledge and to ensure impartiality.
- Cash and the following credit cards or debit cards can be used for payment.
If you use a debit card, please contact an accounting counter.
- AMERICAN EXPRESS
- If you do not have Japanese medical insurance, the medical fees may be high, as you have to pay all expenses.
- If you do not have a referral letter, you need to pay 5,500 yen（from Oct. 1st 2022,it will be 7,700yen） (tax inclusive), as the First Visit Fee determined by the Ministry of Health, Labor and Welfare in Japan, which is a fee paid on top of the ordinary medical consultation fee.
- The hospital has no contract with overseas insurance companies; therefore, even if you have travel insurance and/or medical insurance from your country, as a principle, you are required to pay your own medical fees in full. Please claim your medical expenses directly from your insurance company.
Issuing documents in English
- The fee for medical certificate in English (in the case that the payment involved such as to claim life insurance) is 8,260 yen (tax inclusive) per copy.
- It takes a while to issue documents in English. If you would like them to be sent by mail, please prepare a stamped self-addressed envelope.
- We do not provide document translation service other than English.
- We do not provide translation for the documents issued by other medical institutions.
Local Independent Administrative Agency Osaka Prefectural Hospital Organization
Osaka General Medical Center
Opening hours: weekdays 9:00–17:30
Note: Please send inquiries by email in Japanese or English. We cannot deal with inquiries by phone in languages other than Japanese.